Veteran Horse Society Performance Awards
Performance award cards can be purchased from Head office at £5.Please go to the contact us page and contact Head office.
- The purpose of the Performance Awards Scheme is to encourage and reward the capabilities of the Veteran horse and pony by offering a wide range of classes and activities in the equestrian world.
Please refer to the Rulebook:
- The competition is open to mares, geldings and stallions
- Owners/riders/handlers must be a fully paid member of the VHS-horse/ponies must also be registered with the VHS.
- The competition runs from the 1st January to 31st December. Those applying after the start date can only gain points after the entry fee has been received by Head Office, so please apply as early as possible.
- Entry is £5 per horse/pony and entry forms can be obtained from Head Office, online at www.-veteran-horse-society.co.uk or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
All entrants must register in one of the following groups
Veteran ( 20-24years)
Veteran Plus (25 years and over)
- Results cards must be signed by the judge/secretary to gain points
- Competitors to fill in and keep total of their scored
- Completed results cards must be returned to the Show Office postmarked no later than the 31st December of the current year.
- No late entries will be accepted. Please keep a photo copy of your results card before posting. Recorded delivery is recommended for your postage of the results cards. Please send an SAE if you require acknowledgement of receipt.
The Veteran Horse Society cannot be held responsible for any results cards lost in the post. Scores will be checked and any discrepancies raised with the competitor.
Results will be issued by the 1st February.
The organiser’s decision is final and binding at all times.
Places 1st to 6th will be awarded in each group with a rosette in the post.
Any horse/pony sold during the competition may transfer any points gained to the new owner on application to the Veteran Horse Society.
Events to earn points
Veteran Ridden Area Qualifier
Veteran In-Hand qualifier
In hand showing
Horse/Pony Club Event
|1st place||2nd place||3rd place||4th place||5th place||6th place|
|Points earned||6 points||5 points||4points||3 points||2 points||1 point|
Where you are Champion, this is classed a first Place and 6 point Equivalent.
Where you are Reserve Champion, this is classed as a Second place and 5 point equivalent.
Please refer to the Showing rule book for further information.