Becoming a Member
As the winter days draw to a close it can only mean one thing – IT’S TACK UP TIME!
We are celebrating the strength of our veterans and riders by giving away a FREE year’s membership for 2019! Already a dedicated member? Fear not, there’s also a renewal card for 2018 or show / dressage card and age badge for this year’s season up for grabs! or even your Membership for 2019.
Here’s how to get you and your veteran involved:
You will need to join our FACEBOOK group VETERAN HORSE SOCIETY
• POST a photo of you and your veteran on your own timeline mentioning the Veteran Horse Society and then share it to the veteran horse society group, (Extra morsels’ if it includes your V.H.S rosette).
• TAG our page with the words “IT’S TACK UP TIME”
• LIKE and COMMENT “DONE” on this status. If you have friends or family who own or care for a veteran and would like to support the Society please ask us to join us.
This is our chance to build awareness, show our love and give appreciation to the old boys and girls! Let’s see them in their true character
The winner will be announced next Saturday (24th March)!
Joining the VHS you will become part of a Society that comes together to celebrate and enjoy older horses, whether you compete or not the VHS is the leading authority in older equine welfare.
For those owners and carers who would like to support the work of the society we also have a regular payment form on our welfare page which allows the volunteers and staff to continue working with older horses around the UK. Not only this but you will not only give you access to our social networking site but will open a completely new side of the equine world to you and your veteran.
It is very simple just read and complete the membership form and send this with a cheque or receipt of paypal payment to head office, please do send it recorded delivery.
Should you wish to make payment by debit card, we will call you at a time that is convenient to you to collect payment. Please make a note at the top of our application.
- We do our utmost to ensure a fast and efficient service to all our members, and take payment by cheque, debit card and Paypal.
- To join you need to complete a ‘Personal Membership Application Form’. To register your veteran you need to apply for either a Full Registration Show Card and/or Dressage Card.
- All juniors (16 and under must have the application signed by parent or guardian).
- We require your veteran’s equine passport to over stamp plus 1 or more photographs (one MUST be a side view) , which will be kept on file.
- The Photograph has to be a printed photo (no photo is accepted by email).
- For those with Coloured horses, please provide a photo of both sides of your horse.
- If you are not the owner of the horse you do not need to become a Member, it is only the rider or handler that needs to join.
- Your Membership number and horses registration number will be confirmed in the first instance by email.
- Your confirmation email should arrive within 48 hours of us receiving your application (please note if you are paying via Ebay/paypal we do need a receipt of online payment with your application).
- Membership can be an ideal gift for any occasion, a gift voucher is available. This voucher will act as payment.
- When sending your application please provide a 1st class A5 padded envelope. This is to protect your passport, Membership Pack and Age Badge.
All fully paid Members will receive a copy of Showing World Magazine on a quarterly basis. The magazine is an A4 full colour publication and has up to date news and events within the showing world.
Your Membership Pack will include Allen & Page Vouchers, Allen a nd Page Feed Guide, Sorbeo Bedding Information Pack, Petplan Veteran Insurance Information, Pen and Car Sticker.
- Renewal by standing order is only £25.00. Please complete the form that will appear when you download your new Membership Application and return signed with your Membership.
- Renewal payment can be made over the telephone, On-line or by post.
- Family Membership covers 4 family Members.
Day Membership is required for Direct Qualifiers if you are a Non-member.
The cost is £15 and that will enable you to obtain a Day Show Card/Membership and an age badge. Applications are only taken at Head Office by telephone with a debit card payment. Please call 01239 881300, calls are taken 24/7 so evenings is fine if you work during office hours.
We simply need your full name, address and email. The Show and class you are entering and your veterans full name, age and height. Should you then qualify for the Supreme Final you will need to become a Full Member and enter the Final within 21 days.
- A Showing Registration Card allows your horse to compete in the Regional Final, Direct Qualifier or Open Veteran Class. A Show Card can be obtained with Full Membership before the start of the season or at any time before a Regional Final.
- The horse can register for the coming season providing it is 15 years of age or over, on or after the first of January within the current Show season.
- Age badges are available from Head Office, but are included in all Showing Card Applications at no extra charge. Replacement Age Badges are available at £5 plus P&P for Members and £10 for non-members plus P&P.
VHS Dressage Cards
- Dressage Cards allows you to compete at the Veteran Horse & Rider Championships.
- To attend the Veteran Horse and Rider Chmapionship you will need to have obtained 2 scores over 60% at a British Dressage Affiliated Competition.
- You may become a full VHS Dressage Member without qualifying but not attend the Championship unless you have the 2 scores of over 60%. 2 levels maybe applied for. For further information please visit www.britishdressage.co.uk
- To compete in this Dressage Series, you need to become an Associate Member of British Dressage please visit www.britishdressage.co.uk