Veteran Horse and Rider Dressage Series, hosted on behalf of the Veteran Horse Society by British Dressage,
Veteran Horse & Rider British Dressage Championships – all you need to know
After the huge success of the Veteran Horse and Rider Championships the past three years, British Dressage and the Veteran Horse Society are proud to be running this popular series for a fifth year.
The Veteran Horse Championships has two sections – one for horses aged 15-19 and one for those aged 20 and over, and the Veteran Rider Championship is for competitors aged 55 and over.
This is an exciting opportunity for riders and horses who are still fighting fit and raring to go as they get a little older.
- To qualify directly for the final for the championship, combinations must achieve three scores of 60% or above, gained between 1 December 2018 and the 31 August 2019.
- Scores can be gained in any regular BD affiliated competition or BD Team/My Quest competition. Scores from Area Festivals, Regionals, Winter or National Championships and Quest Regional or Quest National Championships, may not be used towards qualification.
- Combinations must be eligible for Bronze or Silver sections for the level they wish to qualify in accordance with BD Rules. Combinations may compete and qualify at different levels but can only compete in two levels/classes at the final.
What levels do they run at?
– Advanced Medium
– Prix St Georges (New for 2018 20+ Horse PSG)
Who can compete?
- Both the Veteran Horse and Veteran Rider Championships are open to current Full and Club members. Those who have never competed BD before are welcome.
- They are run under BD/TQ rules and combinations must be eligible for the level at which they wish to compete.
- The Veteran Horse Championship is open to all horses age 15 years and over. Age is taken from the 1st January in the year in which they were born.
- The Veteran Rider Championship is open to all riders aged 55 or over at the time of obtaining qualifying scores on horses four years old or over.
Which organisations do I need to be a member of to be able to qualify?
BD membership/BD horse registration to qualify;
|Intro – Prelim Bronze||Club/Full/Ticket/Trial||Club/Full/Ticket/Trial|
|Prelim silver, Novice and above||Full/Ticket/Trial||Full/Ticket/Trial|
Membership required for the final;
- All horses and riders must be full BD members
- For the veteran horse championship only all horses and riders must be registered Veteran Horse Society (VHS).
- Once you have achieved your three qualifying scores, you need to register your qualification with BD.
- Please fill in the qualification form to register your qualification for the Veteran Horse Championship or please fill in this qualification form to register your qualification for the Veteran Rider Championship and then send an e-mail to email@example.com or post to;
- British Dressage, Meriden Business Park, Copse Drive, Meriden, West Midlands CV5 9RG, stating where and when you achieved your three qualifying scores.
- You’ll then receive an invitation to the final with all the championships details.
What happens at the final?
- The final will take place Vale View in Leicestershire, 11th – 14th October 2018. At the final, each level i.e. Intro, Prelim etc. will be split into three sections:
– Horses aged 15 -19 years old
– Horses 20 years and over
– Riders 55 and over
I still have questions, who should I contact?
- For Associated Championship specific queries contact
Stephanie Verge on 02476 698908 or email
- Julianne Aston at the Veteran Horse Society firstname.lastname@example.org 01239 881300